Minecraft

I have actually had the pleasure of playing Minecraft, I grew up with it as being one of the video games that blew up in the peak of my video game phase during middle and high school. I also recently re-downloaded the game to experiment with it and build a few different things. After watching the pre-class video I was inspired about having Minecraft in education, my niece and nephew are at the prime age for playing Minecraft and love it. Because of this video and the class I am attempting to find a way to use it to help with their at homeschooling during the pandemic. As having the experience of playing it I understand the creative, collaborative aspects of the game but watching the video there is so much more. I never thought of using Minecraft to teach physics or math, architecture and history I understand because you can build examples of famous buildings from around the world etc. There is definitely a stigma about video games in education, but I am going to further explore Minecraft in the classroom and how it can help my niece and nephew. Here is the video we were assigned to watch as a pre-class activity, I found it fascinating:

I have also included a video I found on my own: